|St. Paul University of Dumaguete|
January 9, 1905, the new school opened with 30 girls ( 15 of whom were aged 15 to 20), four of them boarders, and six boys. Children, women, and young men came to the school for religious instruction. Besides the regular academic courses, there were supplementary ones in music, drawing, painting, French, sewing, and embroidery. The medium of instruction was English. However, since the americans had been in the Philippines only Five years, very few pupils were acquainted with the language. Hence, the Sisters were obliged to lean Visayan and Spanish to be able to communicate with their charges.
The High School Department opened in 1920. The first high school graduation took place in 1925.