|University of Caloocan City Seal|
The University of Caloocan City (UCC) was formed out of Caloocan City Polytechnic College which was founded in1971. It is located in Sangandaan, Caloocan City, Metro Manila, Philippines with campus at Sangandaan Annexes, Tandang Sora, Camarin and Buena Park.
In 2004, the Caloocan City Polytechnic College (CCPC) became a full-fledged university and with total student population of a little over 10, 500 undergraduate and postgraduate enrollees.
Its first programs are Bachelor's of Science degrees in Industrial Education (BSIE) and B.S. Business Technology (BSBT). The school had first been located in a building at Caloocan High School. It transferred to its present location when the first building burned.
Caloocan City Polytechnic College started as a two-year course college in 1971 and offered four-year courses in 1975. Its first programs are Bachelor of Science degrees in Industrial Education (BSIE) and B.S. Business Technology (BSBT).
On January 23, 2004, Caloocan City Council unanimously approved the Ordinance 1020-2003 principally authored by then councilor Gonzalez Jr. authorized the city government to convert the existing Caloocan City Polytechnic College into a full-pledged university. The initially city hall-funded tertiary educational institution will henceforth be called as University of Caloocan City, the lone public university in Caloocan.
Source: Wikipedia / WikiPilipinas / caloocan.gov.ph