- 1 kilo whole chicken, cut into pieces.
- 1 small young papaya or sayote, peeled, seeded and cut into small pieces/wedges.
- 2 tablespoons crushed/sliced ginger
- 1/2 cup dahon ng sili /chili leaves / hot pepper and/or malunggay leaves
- 1 liter of water
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, diced/chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
- Salt, pepper and chicken cubes/seasoning
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté garlic, onion and ginger.
- Put the chicken and cook until color turns light brown.
- Add water and fish sauce.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until chicken is almost done.
- Add papaya or sayote and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until papaya/sayote softens but not overcooked.
- Add salt, chicken cubes/seasoning and pepper to taste.
- Add sili leaves/malunggay leaves then turn off the heat.