|Laguna State Polytechnic University Seal|
The Laguna State Polytechnic University was first known in 1952 as the Baybay Provincial High School, the first public high school established in the Baybay District. Expansions in infrastructures and projects/programs have been completed because the enrollment has been increasing. In 1957, by virtue of Republic Act 1807, it was converted into an agricultural school known as the Baybay National Agricultural and Vocational School. After the realization of a need for a college in the eastern portion of the province, the school was then elevated to Baybay National College of Agriculture and Technology in 1971 by virtue of Republic Act 6327.
In 1983, by virtue of Batas Pambansa 482, the institution was converted into the Laguna State Polytechnic College (LSPC), the only state college at the time in the province.
The state college rests on a 33-hectare site in Siniloan, Laguna, along Laguna de Bay, and is 124 kilometers from Manila. It has a campus of 13.37 hectares and the rest consisting of 19.63 hectares which is devoted to laboratory and research areas for crop and animal production. There is also a college extension site consisting of 100-hectares, in Barangay Kapatalan, about 20 kilometers from the Host Campus. Hence, a total land area of 133 hectares. Its Main Campus in Santa Cruz, Laguna is situated on a 7-hectare site.
The first college president of LSPC, Dr. Ricardo A. Wagan, opened four satellite campuses established through Memorandum of Agreement with the local government of Laguna: LSPC-Nagcarlan Satellite Campus, LSPC-Santa Maria Satellite Campus, LSPC-Cabuyao Satellite Campus, and LSPC-RECS Village/San Luis Sports Complex Satellite Campus in Santa Cruz.
Then, by virtue of Republic Act 8292 otherwise known as the Higher Education Modernization Act of 1998, CHED-Supervised Institutions (CSIs) were integrated with the LSPC system during 1999-2000.
- Laguna College of Arts and Trades (LCAT, formerly Laguna School of Arts and Trade) now LSPU-Santa Cruz Campus;
- Los Baños College of Fisheries (LBCF), now LSPU-Los Baños Campus, in Barangay Mayondon-Malinta, Los Baños; and
- San Pablo City National School of Arts and Trades (SPCNSAT), now LSPU-San Pablo City Campus, in Barangay Del Remedio, San Pablo City.
International linkages on academic cooperation programs were established in countries such as South Korea, Germany, Republic of Cuba, United States of America, Russia, China, and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.