|Gilberto "Gibo" Teodoro, Jr.|
Gilberto “Gibo” Teodoro, Jr. is the youngest national defense secretary of the Republic of the Philippines, serving under the Arroyo Administration from August 2007 until November 15, 2009. He was a member of the House of Representatives, representing the First District of Tarlac’s First District, from 1998 to 2007.
He is also known for his contributions and efforts as the Secretary of Department of National Defense and as Chairman of the National Disaster Coordinating Council (NDCC) when Typhoon Ketsana (Ondoy) hit Luzon.
Married to: former model and Tarlac Rep. Monica Prieto Teodoro
Parent: Gilberto Teodoro Sr. (deceased), former Social Security System administrator
and Mercedes Cojuangco Teodoro, ex-Tarlac representative
Elementary / High School: Xavier School
College: De La Salle University, BS Commerce (major in Financial Institutions), 1984; University of the Philippines College of Law, bar topnotcher in 1989; Harvard Law School in Massachusetts, USA, Master of Laws, and passed the State Bar of New York, 1997.
Professional Experience and Government Service:
· Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Suricon Resources Corp. (1995-1996)
· Founder, Evercrest Golf and Country Club (1993)
· Lawyer, Estelito Mendoza Law Office (1990-1997)
· Secretary, Department of National Defense (2007-2009)
· Representative, First District of Tarlac, House of Representatives (1998-2007)
· Colonel, Philippine Air Force, Armed Forces of the Philippines Reserve Force
· Board member, Tarlac, Sangguniang Panlalawigan (1980-1986)
· President, Kabataang Barangay Central Luzon (1980-1985)
· President, Kabataang Barangay Council, Tarlac (1980-1985)